If you can’t get hold of Dolcelatte cheese, mozzarella is just as good. Melt between slices of roasted aubergines and drizzle with pesto for an easy veggie meal
- 2 mediumlarge aubergines
- 2 red peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 34tbsp olive oil
- 150g pack Dolcelatte cheese
- Salad or baby spinach leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Set the grill to hot. Cut each aubergine into 8 slices, about 2cm (¾in) thick. Brush both sides with oil and put on a sturdy baking sheet. Quarter and deseed the peppers, and brush the skin with oil. Put, skin-side up, on the baking sheet with the aubergine. Grill until the skin on the peppers
- is blackened and can be peeled off easily, then cook the aubergine until browned well on one side. Turn the slices, and cook until browned on the other side.
- To assemble the stacks: Place a pepper quarter on top of 8 of the largest slices of aubergine, then another slice of aubergine. Place slivers of cheese on top. Cook under the grill, not too near the heat, for 1-2 mins, until the cheese melts.
- Pile smaller stacks on top of the larger ones to make 4 taller stacks. Arrange on serving plates. Garnish with salad leaves, drizzled with olive oil, if liked. (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information is for the maximum number of servings
Nutritional information per portion
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.