Whip up this Spanish favourite for lunch, brunch or dinner. It makes a nice, ultra-flavoursome change from ham, egg and chips!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- ½ tsp paprika (smoked paprika, if possible)
- 200-250g (7-8oz) chorizo, skinned and sliced into chunks
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sherry
- 2 roasted peppers, drained from jar, thinly sliced
- 60g (2oz) frozen peas
- 70g pack Serrano ham
- 4 medium eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 25cm (10in) ovenproof dish, greased
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Heat the oil in large frying pan and add the onion. Cook gently for a few minutes to soften, add the garlic and cook for a couple more mins.
- Add the paprika and chorizo and fry for 5 mins. Stir in the tomatoes and sherry and simmer for 5 mins.
- Mix in the peppers and peas. Pour into the dish. Crumple the Serrano ham into the dish. Make 4 hollows in the mixture and break in the eggs. Swirl some of the egg white into the tomatoes, but leave the yolks intact. Season and bake for 10 mins until the eggs have just set.
Nutritional information per portion