Make your own homemade brown sugar and butter toffee to go with these utterly delicous banana pancakes.
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 4-6 hot pancakes (Use our classic pancake recipe)
For the filling:
- 60g (2oz) butter
- 175g (6oz) soft light brown sugar
- Half x 200ml carton crème fraîche
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced
- To make the filling, melt the butter in a frying pan, and add the sugar and 4tbsp cold water. Stir the mixture until the sugar melts, then stop stirring, and simmer until it thickens and turns a pale-golden colour.
- Add the crème fraîche to the pan and stir until all the ingredients have blended together. Add the sliced banana and simmer for 2-3 mins, or until the banana has just started to soften. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Lay a pancake out on a plate and spoon some bananas and some of the sauce on to one half. Flip the uncovered half over, then carefully fold the pancake in half again, so that it’s in quarters and is a flat, conical shape.
- Repeat with all the pancakes and serve immediately. Serve any extra sauce in a small jug. (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.