Ready in 15 minutes! The Bavarian-style mix of frankfurters, potatoes, green beans and gherkins will certainly bring a new flavour to your meal times
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 250g Charlotte potatoes (about 8 potatoes), or small new potatoes, cut into thick slices
- 14 green beans trimmed and cut into short lengths
- 200g pack Bavarian frankfurters, cut into chunks
- 2tsp Dijon mustard
- 3tsp red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- Good pinch of caster sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large cornichons or gherkins, sliced
- 2 radishes, sliced
- About 2 tbsp fresh snipped chives
- Add the potatoes to a pan of boiling, salted water to just cover them and cook for 7 mins. Add the beans and simmer for 3 mins, then add the sausage chunks and cook for a further couple of mins.
- Meanwhile, mix the mustard, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl, and whisk in the oil. Drain the potatoes, beans and sausage, then put them back in the hot pan and mix in the dressing.
- Season, and stir in the cornichons or gherkins, radishes and chives. Serve warm.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.