When the sun is shining try these four quick and simple barbecue marinades that can be used on meat and/or fish
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 4 hrs
Total time: 4 hrs 10 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
For the sweet herb marinade:
- 2 level tbsp dark brown soft sugar
- Zested rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2-3 level tbsp chopped fresh oregano and/or thyme
- 4tbsp olive oil
For the soy, honey and ginger marinade:
- 3tbsp soy sauce
- 3tbsp clear honey
- 1-2tbsp freshly grated root ginger
For the pesto:
- 3-4tbsp fresh green pesto
- Finely zested rind and juice of ½ lemon
For the spiced marinade
- 1-2tbsp curry paste, eg, tikka
- 4tbsp natural yogurt
- Just mix all the ingredients together for each marinade and keep them chilled until you need them.
- Marinate food for a minimum of 4 hours, but preferably overnight, to absorb flavours.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.