- 200g (7oz) fresh broad beans
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash of lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large slices ciabatta bread, griddled
- 2 medium eggs
- Parsley, to garnish
- Cook the beans in boilining water for 3 minutes, then drain them and cool them under running cold water, then peel off the skins.
- Pour the olive oil into a bowl and add the beans and most of theparmesan. Add the lemon juice and seasoning and mix well.
- Mash the bean mixture a little, then pile onto the griddled ciabatta.
- Poach the eggs and place one on top of each round of toast. Sprinkle over the remaining Parmesand and some seasoning and parsley leaves.
- Serve immediately.