This British summer berry dessert is full of flavour and is really easy to make
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 350g (12oz) mixed red berries
- 4 level tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 1 small vanilla pod, split, or a dash of vanilla extract, optional
- 4 brioche rolls, split in half, or 4-6 slices from a butter brioche loaf
- About 4 tablespoons crème fraîche or clotted cream
- Put the fruit in a shallow pan (cut any strawberries into wedges, if they’re large), sprinkle with sugar and liqueur, add the vanilla pod or extract, if using, and place the pan over a low heat
- Cook for a few minutes until the sugar dissolves.
- Meanwhile, griddle or grill the brioche.
- Serve the brioche topped with fruit and crème fraîche.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.