We’ve created this delicious lemon berry pudding you won’t be able to resist. Go on treat yourself!
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hr 5 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 150g (5oz) blueberries
- 30g (1oz) butter, softened
- 125g (4oz) caster sugar
- Grated zest and juice of
- 1 lemon (4-5 tbsp)
- 2 medium eggs, separated
- 150ml (¼ pint) milk
- 30g (1oz) plain flour
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Cream, to serve
- 600-900ml (1-1½ pint) pie dish or soufflé dish, buttered
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 5 or 190°C. Put the blueberries in the dish. Cream the butter and 2 tbsp of the sugar in a large bowl. Add the lemon zest and strained lemon juice. Beat together well.
- Mix the egg yolks into the milk. Gradually beat small quantities at a time into the creamed mixture, with the flour and remaining sugar, beating until the mixture is well blended.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff but not too dry, and fold into the lemon mixture. Pour into the dish.
- Put the dish in a roasting tin and add boiling water to come 2.5cm (1in) up the sides of the dish. Bake for 40-45 mins until the top is brown and set. There will be a gooey sauce underneath. Dust with icing sugar for serving. Serve warm or cold, with cream and more fruit.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.