This tasty muesli-style flapjack is super-simple to make – there’s not even any baking involved! Have a square for breakfast on the run, pop one in a lunchbox, or nibble with an afternoon cuppa
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 4 mins
Total time: 24 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 200g (7oz) jumbo oats
- 3tbsp mixed seeds (such as pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, golden linseed and hemp mixture)
- 3tbsp chopped roasted hazelnuts or toasted flaked almonds
- 100g (3½oz) ready-chopped dried apricots
- 60g (2oz) sultanas
- 60g (2oz) Craisins or dried cranberries
- 90g (3oz) unsalted butter
- 2tbsp dark or light muscovado sugar
- 18cm (7in) square tin, lined with Bakewell paper
- Dry-fry the oats in a large pan for 3-4 mins, stirring occasionally — watch they don’t catch. Put them in a large bowl.
- Add the mixed seeds to the hot pan and toast for a few seconds, then add to the oats along with the nuts.
- Put the apricots, sultanas and Craisins or cranberries in a food processor and whizz for a few seconds, to chop them more finely. Add the oat mixture and whizz to combine.
- Melt the butter with the sugar in a pan over a low heat, then bring to the boil for a minute and pour into the food processor and whizz to combine everything.
- Spread mixture in the tin and press down well. Leave in the fridge to firm up. Cut into squares.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.