A satisfying accompaniment for any main meal, especially a roast dinner. These soft buttery potatoes will melt in your mouth
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr
Total time: 1 hr 5 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 1kg (2¼lb) baby or new potatoes
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled, left whole and squashed
- 2 bay leaves
- 40g (1½oz) butter
- 200ml (7fl oz) white wine
- Sea salt, for serving
- Put the potatoes, garlic and bay leaves in one layer in a large pan. Add the butter and pour in the wine. Put the lid on the pan and cook over a med heat for about 45 mins, until the wine has almost been absorbed and the potatoes are tender.
- Take off the lid and let the potatoes sizzle and brown in the juices for 10-15 mins, turning the potatoes until the skins are golden and crispy. Sprinkle with salt for serving.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.