You don’t need to go on holiday to enjoy the taste of Turkey, instead try our chargrilled spiced lamb at home. Thickly slice the lamb and serve in flat breads with spinach salad and tzatziki
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Skill level: Bit of effort
- 4 x 100g (3½oz) lamb neck fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp sumac (a tangy, purplish Middle Eastern spice available from Bart’s Spices, around £2.15 for 44g)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 100g (3½oz) baby spinach leaves
- 1 small bunch of mint, stalks removed
- 4 tbsp fresh pomegranate
- 4 traditional Mediterranean flat breads
- 200g tub tzatziki
- Remove excess fat from the lamb. Season the meat. Mix together the sumac, 1 tbsp olive oil, the lemon juice and the garlic in a shallow dish. Add the lamb and coat it well all over. Cover, chill and marinate for at least 1 hour, or longer if possible.
- Heat a griddle pan and cook the lamb for 5 minutes each side, until brown on the outside and pink in the middle. Put on a plate and cover with foil.
- Combine the spinach leaves, mint leaves and pomegranate. Microwave the flat breads together for 1 minute on High.
- Thickly slice the lamb and serve in the flat breads with the salad and tzatziki.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.