Delicious baked cannelloni stuffed with aubergine, cheese and tomato sauce. This is a great meal for the whole family. It can be frozen, so it can be prepared in advanced.
Prep time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 1 hr
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 aubergine, trimmed and diced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 12 cannelloni tubes
- 500g pot ready-made Four Cheese Sauce
- 125g pack mozzarella cheese, drained and grated
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for a few mins. Add the garlic and aubergine, and cook for 5 mins, then add the tomatoes with seasoning and the sugar. Simmer for 4-5 mins, until the aubergine has softened.
- Spoon a generous amount of the aubergine mixture into the cannelloni tubes and put in an ovenproof dish, spooning any left-over mixture into the dish.
- Pour the cheese sauce over, sprinkle with the grated mozzarella and arrange the basil leaves on top. Bake for 30 mins until the cannelloni is tender.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.