This yummy freezable relish will add a fruity twist to any dinner.
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 250g cranberries
- 120g packet ready-to-eat pomegranate
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 medium orange, roughly chopped
- Reserve about a quarter of both the cranberries and pomegranate, and place the rest in a food processor, along with the sugar and chopped orange
- Whizz the mixture until almost smooth, then stir in the reserved cranberries and pomegranate
- Spoon the mixture into a freezer container, and freeze for up to 1 month.
- To serve: Leave relish to defrost fully, and then stir it well before spooning into a serving dish
- Serve with roast turkey for Christmas dinner, or with cold turkey and ham
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.