A fresh, fruity alternative (or addition to!) Christmas pudding for your festive dessert. But just as good eaten any other time of year, and it couldn’t be easier to make.
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 2 mangoes, peeled, stoned and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 pieces stem ginger, finely chopped
For the topping:
300ml carton double cream
4 meringue nests, crushed
Sprigs of mint, for decoration
6 small serving dishes
- Place mango in a bowl and stir in the rum, icing sugar and ginger. Divide most of mixture between serving dishes, reserving a little to spoon on top. Cover the dishes, and keep in a cool place until serving.
- Just before serving, whisk the cream until it forms soft peaks and fold in the crushed meringue.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the mango. Spoon a little of the reserved chopped mango on top of each. Decorate each dish with a sprig of mint and serve.
Not suitable for freezing.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.