This light meringue dessert with fresh berries is easy and quick to make. Great for dinner parties or as a weekend treat!
Cooking time: 20 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 500g (1lb) mixed raspberries and blueberries
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- 300ml pot double cream
- 4tbsp good-quality lemon curd
- 200g pot Greek yogurt
- 4 ready-made meringue nests, roughly broken
- Put 125g (4oz) of the fruit into a pan with the sugar and 3tbsp cold water. Bring to the boil over a medium heat, then simmer for 5 mins until the berries start to break down. Take off the heat and press the fruits through a sieve to make a sauce. Set aside to cool.
- Whip the cream in a large bowl until it just starts to hold its shape. Stir in the lemon curd and Greek yogurt.
- Spoon about half of the lemon cream into 6 serving glasses. Top with meringue, then a handful of the fresh fruit and a spoonful of sauce. Spoon in the rest of the lemon cream, top with more fresh fruit and sauce and serve immediately.
Feature: Kate Moseley. Photos: David Jordan. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.