Prep time: 1 hr
Cooking time: 2 hrs 25 mins
Total time: 3 hrs 25 mins
Skill level: Bit of effort
- 1 duck, roasted as in Spring Roast Duck
For the sauce:
- 4 blush oranges
- 30g (1oz) caster sugar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 150ml (¼ pint) chicken or duck stock
- 30g (1oz) butter
- Salt and ground black pepper
- To make the sauce: Remove the zest from 1 orange and set aside. Squeeze the juice from all the oranges (you should get 200-250ml/7-8fl oz) and set aside.
- Put the sugar in a pan over a medium heat until it dissolves. Add the vinegar and simmer until the sugar dissolves. Pour in the orange juice and reduce it by half. Pour in the stock and reduce it by half, then add the orange zest. Whisk in the butter and season. Serve the sauce over portions of duck, along with Roast Bubble & Squeak (see recipe below), or potatoes and green veg.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.