These cute butterfly cupcakes are perfect for kids’ parties or afternoon tea! Use Woman’s Weekly’s basic cupcakes and buttercream recipe and get the kids to help you make them, too
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 23 mins
Total time: 43 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
For the cupcakes:
- 12 cupcakes made using Woman’s Weekly’s basic cupcake mixture
For the frosting:
- Pink paste food colouring
- Hundreds and thousands
- Piping bag fitted with small star piping tube
- Cut the top off each cake, and then cut each piece in half and reserve
- Colour the buttercream with the paste food colouring, and use to fill the piping bag.
- Pipe a zigzag pattern across the top of each cake, to cover. Press the tops of the cakes back into the icing on each cake, to look like butterfly wings.
- Pipe a shell pattern down between the wings. Sprinkle hundreds and thousands on the piping between the wings.
Nutritional information per portion