Add vibrancy to snacks and meals with this tasty dip. Perfect for Mexican-style dishes like fajitas and tacos and just as delicious as a simple dip with bread or crisps
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 2 halved and stoned ripe avocados
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 peeled and roughly chopped small onion
- 1 deseeded and roughly chopped large ripe tomato
- 15g (½oz) roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1-2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- Seasoning to taste
- Scoop the flesh from avocados into a large bowl. Add the juice of limes and mash it, using a fork or a potato masher.
- Add the onion, tomato, coriander leaves, Tabasco sauce and seasoning, and mix well. (Use a stick blender or a food processor to whizz the ingredients to a coarse texture for extra speed.)
- Use within 24 hours.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.