Love desserts but don’t always have the time to make them? Well now you can with our exotic ripple ice with crumble topping. Made with shop bought ice cream, a sachet of mango and lime coulis and topped with ready made crumble mix.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 1 litre tub vanilla ice cream or other flavour (we used Carte d’Or)
- 200g sachet Mango & Lime Coulis (we used Waitrose Seriously Fruity)
- 6 tbsps (100g/ 3½oz) crumble mix (we used McDougalls)
- 20cm (8in) loose-based sandwich cake tin, lined with cling film
- Spoon half the ice cream from the tub into the lined tin. Roughly flatten it to the edges. Drizzle 5 tbsp of the coulis over the top, then spoon in the rest of the ice cream, roughly pressing it down. Cover with cling film and put in the freezer to firm for a few hours or overnight, or longer. Reseal the left-over coulis and keep in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Spread the crumble mix out on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 mins until browned. Stir it halfway through cooking. Watch to see that it doesn’t catch. Leave to cool.
- To serve, take the ice-cream cake out of the tin, put on a plate and sprinkle with the crumble mix. Cut into wedges and serve drizzled with the rest of the coulis.
Nutritional information per portion