Want to give your morning coffee a fresh twist? Try adding cardamom and maple syrup with this easy coffee recipe for a quick and tasty update
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 2 mins
Total time: 7 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 8 cardamom pods, roughly crushed
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee
- 200ml (7 floz) boiling water
- 300ml (1/2pint) milk
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Put the cardamom pods into a cafetiére with the coffee. Pour over the boiling water and leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
- Microwave the milk on High for 2 minutes. Pour the coffee into 2 heatproof mugs and add the maple syrup.
- Whisk the hot milk and pour it on top of the coffee.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.