A tasty light meal or a starter of melting goat’s cheese on meaty mushrooms and a rocket , apple and celery salad
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 2 x 100g goat’s cheese rounds
- 2tsp olive oil
- 2 large, flat mushrooms, stalk trimmed
- 2 slices bloomer loaf
- 1 small pink apple or pear
- 1 stick celery
- 2 handfuls of rocket leaves or other salad leaves
- 2tsp redcurrant
- Set the grill to high. Cut a thin slice off top of each cheese and discard. Put them on a heavy baking sheet, rind-side down.
- Rub a little oil all over each mushroom and put
- Meanwhile, quarter, core and slice the apple or pear, and chop the celery. Put on the plate with the mushroom on the toast. Add the rocket leaves.
- Slide the grilled cheese on top of the mushroom. Spoon the jelly on top and drizzle salad with a little extra oil, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.