Sea Bass is simply grilled or barbequed. A Greek dressing of Lemon juice, olive oil, and chilli flakes adds a tang to the fresh tasting fish. It is quick and easy to cook and a delight for the whole family
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 12 mins
Total time: 32 mins
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 x 400g (14oz) whole sea bass, gutted, fins removed, washed and dried
- 4 tsp olive oil
- Lemon or lime wedges, to serve
For the dressing:
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 tbs chopped fresh thyme or oregano leaves
- Zest and juice of ½ a lemon, or zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2-3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
- Season the fish inside and out and rub with oil.
- Put fish on the barbecue grill, or griddle, over a medium heat for about 6 mins, until crispy. Brush top of fish with more oil, turn it over and cook for another 4-6 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix all the dressing ingredients and spoon over fish. Serve with lemon or lime wedges.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.