Try this healthy oven-roasted halibut recipe with gently infused Mediterranean flavours
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 55 mins
Total time: 1 hr 5 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 x 200g halibut steaks
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive tapenade (olive paste)
- Basil leaves
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 3 or 160°C.
- Put the cherry tomatoes in a roasting tray, drizzle over 1 tbsp of the oil and season. Bake in the oven for 35 mins.
- Increase the oven temperature to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C.
- Season the halibut steaks and place in the tray with the cherry tomatoes. Scatter the garlic over the tomatoes and drizzle the fish with the remaining oil.
- Bake the fish for 15-20 mins, until cooked through.
- Serve with the tapenade and basil leaves.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.