What Sunday lunch is complete without some gorgeous crispy roasties on the side? This recipe for perfect spuds won’t let you down.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr 15 mins
Total time: 1 hr 25 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 500g-750g (1-1½lb )new potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons goose fat
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 5 or 190°C. Make a series of deep cuts along the top of the potatoes, without cutting all the way through. Place on a shallow baking tray.
- Melt the goose fat and brush over the potatoes. Sprinkle salt and pepper over. Roast potatoes in top of oven (above the turkey) for 1-1¼ hours, brushing them occasionally with any extra goose fat, and using a small knife to help open up the slits. The potatoes should be light golden and feel tender when pierced with a fine knife.
- Remove from the oven and serve them immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.