Make this tasty nutty and herby parsley pesto sauce and coat your choice of ribbon pasta. Deliciously more-ish!
- 100g (3½oz) lightly roasted hazelnuts
- 3-4tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 8tbsp hazelnut oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g (7oz) pappardelle or tagliatelle pasta
- To make the pesto. roughly chop the hazelnuts and reserve a few for garnish. Place the rest in a small food processor, along with the chopped parsley, garlic and oil, and whizz until smooth. Season to taste.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 8-12 mins, or as directed on the packet, until it’s just tender, then drain it well in a colander.
- Add the pesto to the hot pan and heat it briefly, until it’s just hot but not boiling, and then return the pasta to the pan and stir well to coat the pasta in pesto.
- Divide the pasta between serving dishes and scatter over the reserved chopped hazelnuts. (Not suitable for freezing).
Feature: Sue McMahon. Photos: David Jordan. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.