- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 4tbsp thick honey
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1 level tbsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1tbsp ready-made mustard, like English or Dijon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together the honey, mustard, lemon juice, mustard seeds and salt and pepper.
- Cut deep slashes in the chicken drumsticks and add them to the bowl. Turn them to coat well in the marinade. Cover the bowl, put in the fridge and leave the chicken to marinate in the dressing for at least 2 hrs, or overnight, turning the chicken occasionally to make sure that it’s completely coated.
- Cook chicken on a medium-hot barbecue for about 15 mins, turning the drumsticks regularly so that they don’t burn and brushing over any extra marinade. They’re ready when the juices run clear, and when the flesh is pierced with a fork and there is no pinkness in the juices.
Freezing suggestions: The chicken drumsticks may be frozen raw in the marinade for up to 1 month. Allow to defrost completely before cooking.Nutritional information is for the maximum number of servings
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.