Want a healthy and quick snack? It’s cheap and very easy to make your own hummus and, served with olives on toasted pitta bread or crusty bread, it’s satsifying too
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 fat garlic clove
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 6-7 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Toasted pitta bread or crusty bread, sliced olives and smoked paprika, to serve
- on toaPulse the chickpeas in a food processor with the garlic, tahini paste and lemon juice.
- With the motor running, slowly pour in the olive oil, to make a rough pâté. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Serve spread on toasted pitta bread or crusty bread with sliced olives, a sprinkle of smoked paprika and an extra drizzle of olive oil.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.