One of our favourite short-cut suppers, this stew contains just a few ready-made ingredients, so is really quick and easy to make. Perfect to warm up the family on a chilly winter evening
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced into thin wedges
- 560g jar of passata
- 1 fish or vegetable stock cube
- 500g pack ready-made gnocchi
- 320g pack fish-pie mix (salmon, cod and haddock), or equivalent
- 180g jar of puttanesca mix (Mix of chopped black olives, anchovies, capers, oil and vinegar)
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 4 mins to soften it.
- Pour in the passata, then fill the jar with hot water, shake it to get all the juice and add to the pan. Add the stock cube. Bring to the boil and simmer for a couple of mins.
- Stir in the gnocchi. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 mins.
- Add the fish and simmer for 2-3 mins more.
- Spoon the stew into 4 bowls and top with some of the puttenesca mix, about 1 tbsp per person.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.