Make this delicious lemon and lime ginger crunch in just a few simple steps. The deliciously easy no-bake cake takes just 15 mins to prepare
Prep time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 250g (8oz) gingernuts
- 125g (4oz) butter, melted
- 200ml (7fl oz) double cream
- 397g can condensed milk
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 20cm (8in) loose-based sandwich tin, buttered
- Put the biscuits in a polybag and crush them with a rolling pin — evenly but not too finely. Mix them into the melted butter. Press 200g (7oz) of the mixture — just over half of it — into the base of the tin. Chill.
- Whip the cream in a bowl and stir in the condensed milk, lemon and lime zest and 10-12 tablespoons juice. Spoon the lemon-and-lime juice mixture over the biscuit base, smooth the top and sprinkle with the rest of the biscuit mixture. Chill overnight until set firm.
- Take out of the tin and slice for serving.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.