This light and fluffy souffle for two is made with goat’s cheese and Parmesan – and the unusual addition of lemon thyme gives it a lovely, summery flavour
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Skill level: Master chef
- 2 large eggs, separated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 125g rindless soft goat’s cheese
- 60g Parmesan, finely grated
- 3tbsp double cream
- 1tbsp lemon thyme leaves, plus extra sprigs with flowers, for garnish
- 2 x 175-200ml ovenproof dishes, well-buttered
- Set the oven to gas mark 6 or 200°C. Whisk the egg whites, with a pinch of salt, to stiff peaks.
- In another bowl, but using the same beaters, whisk the egg yolks with the goat’s cheese, half the Parmesan, the cream and half the thyme leaves, chopped, if you prefer. Season.
- Stir about one third of the egg whites into the cheese mixture, then fold in the rest.
- Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan in the dishes. Divide the mixture between them and sprinkle with the rest of the chopped thyme.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 mins until puffed up and golden. Garnish with thyme sprigs. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.