If you’re looking for a really quick and easy dessert, this one’s perfect and has fresh mangos in it so it’s not too naughty either.
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 2cardamom pods, crushed, seeds removed
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and stoned
- 150ml (¼ pint) double cream
- 250g pot plain yogurt
- Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lime
- 1-2tbsp clear honey
- Crush the cardamom seeds lightly, using a pestle and mortar, or the end of a rolling pin in a small bowl.
- Purée the mango flesh in a food processor until smooth.
- Whisk the cream to soft peaks. Stir in the yogurt and whisk a little more until thickened. Fold in the lime zest, juice, crushed seeds and honey.
- Spoon alternate layers of the creamy mixture and the mango purée into the glasses and decorate with more lime zest. Serve chilled. (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.