This refreshing dip goes really well with tortilla chips, but for a lower-fat snack, serve with raw vegetables.
Cooking time:10 mins
- 500g (1lb) frozen peas
- 125g carton natural yogurt
- 2-3tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tortilla chips
- Cherry tomatoes
- Carrot sticks
- Baby sweetcorn
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the peas for about 3-5 mins, or until they are just tender. Drain them, rinse under cold water to cool them quickly then drain them again.
- Tip the peas into the bowl of a blender or food processor and add the yogurt, mint, olive oil and lemon juice. Whizz until smooth and then season to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into a suitable container to transport it to the picnic, for example, a plastic food box with a tight-fitting lid. The dip can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Stir it well before serving with the tortilla chips and vegetables for dipping.
Cook’s tip: If you want to save having to wash and peel the carrots, you can buy packets of ready-prepared carrot sticks.Per serving: 119 calories; 6g fat. Not suitable for freezing.Recipes and food stylist: Sue McMahon. Photos: Simon Pask.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.