Full of colourful vegetables and served with a flavoursome couscous, this healthy, veggie tagine is a great dish for everyone.
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 1tsp each ground cinnamon, coriander and cumin
- 1 aubergine, trimmed and cut into 4cm (1½in) chunks
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2tsp Belazu Rose Harissa paste
- 1 parsnip, 2 carrots, and 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2.5cm (1in) chunks
- 12 semi-dried soft apricots
- 200g (7oz) couscous (flavoured with lemon zest and juice, garlic, parsley and mint)
- Handful of toasted, flaked almonds
- Flat-leaf parsley or coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently cook the onion for about 5 mins until it softens. Stir in the spices and cook for a minute.
- Stir in aubergine and cook for 5 mins, then add the tomatoes, 300ml (½ pint) boiling water and the harissa, to taste. Stir in the parsnip, carrots, sweet potato and apricots. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for about 20 mins, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are tender.
- Make up the couscous according to pack instructions, adding lemon zest and juice, garlic, chopped parsley and mint, to taste.
- Serve the tagine in deep bowls with the couscous. Sprinkle with the almonds and parsley or coriander. (Not suitable for freezing).
Feature: Kate Moseley. Photos: David Jordan. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.