A simple and delicious way to turn up a simple chicken breast into a delicious spicy, zesty burger using OXO Chicken Shake and Flavour. Perfect for summer barbecues, but just as good cooked in the oven anytime.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
1 tbsp Olive Oil
4 Medium Chicken Breasts
2 Tsp OXO Chicken Shake and Flavour Granules
1 Lime – zest and juice
1 Tsp Chilli Flakes (or more to taste)
1 Tbspn Coriander leaves – chopped
1 Tomato – sliced
1 Handful Rocket Leaves
2 Tbspn Mayonnaise
4 Ciabatta Rolls
1. Lay the chicken out flat and carefully cut through the breast lengthways, cutting almost all the way through so it can open up into a butterfly.
2. Lay the chicken out on a board or a plate and sprinkle each side evenly with the chicken granules, the chilli flakes and the lime zest.
3. Heat a large heavy based frying pan over a medium high heat and add the oil. Add the chicken breasts and pan fry carefully for a minute or so each side. Place onto a baking tray. Place into a preheated (180C) oven for 6-10 minutes until all the chicken is cooked through and piping hot (Cooking time will depend on the size of the pieces – check with a thermometer if you have one)
4. Alternatively, brush with oil and place onto a barbecue. Cook for 4-5 minutes each side until the chicken is cooked through. Again, this will depend on the chicken and the heat of the barbecue, so check that it is piping hot throughout, preferably with a thermometer.
5. Remove, squeeze over some of the lime juice and leave to sit for a minute or two.
6. Slice and warm the Ciabata rolls. Spread with mayonnaise, top with tomatoes, rocket and pieces of chicken. Top with some coriander and serve. Season with a little more shake and flavour if required.
OXO Shake & Flavour is sponsoring the Cookery Theatre at Woman’s Weekly Live, find out more here.