Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Portion Size: 170g
500g Peeled and Cut Maris Piper Potatoes
500g Cooked fish (Boneless & Skinless)
1 Egg Yolk
1 Bunch of Spring Onions (Thinly Sliced)
5g Chopped Parsley
2 Teaspoons OXO Garlic and Herb Shake & Flavour
1. Cook the potatoes in lightly salted water.2. Once soft, drain off the water, and return to a low heat to dry out the potatoes.
3. Mash with a potato masher.
4. Add the yolk, butter, and OXO granules and stir well with a wooden spoon.
5. Combine the potato with the fish, parsley and spring onion.
6. Divide into 8 pieces and mould into balls. Then flatten.
7. Leave to cool in the fridge, then and cover with flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs.
8. Shallow fry for approx 4 minutes on a medium heat on each side or until the fish cakes are piping hot.
Sprinkle some lemon and serve with fresh salad.
Per serving: 210 calories, 18.8g Protein, 1.1g sugars, 5.1g fat (of which 2.1g saturates), 1.2g fibre, 1g salt
OXO Shake & Flavour is sponsoring the Cookery Theatre at Woman’s Weekly Live, find out more here.