A simple, quick and delicious dish to add a little interest to your repertoire of mid-week meals. This has all the flavours if a traditional slow cooked goulash, but is ready in a fraction of the time and is delicious with the rich savoury flavour of OXO Shake & Flavour Granules. Great with salad, new potatoes or rice.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
10ml Vegetable Oil
300g Beef for stir frying – Trimmed and cut into strips (either Fillet, Sirloin or Rump)
1Medium Onion – Peeled and Sliced
1 Clove Garlic – Peeled and Chopped
1 Red Pepper – Seeded and Sliced
2 Tblsp Tomato Puree
75ml White Wine
1 Tspn Paprika
2 tspns OXO Beef Shake & Flavour
75g Soured Cream
1 Tblspn Chopped Parsley
1. Heat a large heavy based pan or wok over a medium high heat. Add the oil and then the strips of beef. Stir fry for a minute or two ensuring all the meat is ‘sealed’ and beginning to brown.
2. Add the butter and melt, then add the onion and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and OXO Beef Shake & Flavour and cook for another minute or so, stirring well. Add the paprika and stir well.
4. Add the wine and tomato purree. Heat through and stir well.
5. Add the parsley and bring to the boil, stirring everything round the whole time to ensure even cooking. Check that everything is cooked through and piping hot.
6. Add the soured cream, stir through and serve.
Per serving: 221 calories, 19.7g Protein, 6.4g sugars, 12.2g fat (of which 5.6g saturates), 1.6g fibre, 1g salt
OXO Shake & Flavour is sponsoring the Cookery Theatre at Woman’s Weekly Live, find out more here.