Preparation Time:10 Minutes
Cooking Time:8 Minutes
Portion Size: 250g
250g Chicken Breast Meat cut into thin slices
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1/2 Medium Red Onion, peeled and sliced (approx 50g)
1 Red Pepper Seeded and Sliced (approx 80g)
1 Clove Garlic, Peeled and Crushed
1/2 Red Chilli – finely sliced (optional)
1.5 Teaspoons Cajun Spice Mix
2 Teaspoons OXO Chicken Shake & Flavour
1 Tablespoon Tomato Puree
1 tablespoon Chopped Fresh Coriander
Juice of ½ Lime
1. Place the wok onto a high heat.
2. Carefully add the oil and heat until it is just starting to smoke a little.
3. Carefully add the chicken. Stir using a wooden spoon for approximately 1 minute, keeping it moving round the pan until the outsides of the meat is sealed.
4. Add the onions and peppers and continue to stir fry for one minute.
5. Add the garlic chopped chilli (this is optional for extra spice) and stir fry for another minute.
6. Add the granules and stir fry ensuring they coat all the chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle over the Cajun seasoning and stir fry for another minute.
7. Add the tomato puree and stir well.
8. Add the water and cook for a couple of minutes over a medium to high heat, stirring well, adding a little more water if it starts to become too dry. Check that the chicken is cooked through and piping hot.
9. Add the lime juice and stir in. Sprinkle over the fresh coriander.
10. Serve immediately.
Perfect with some warm tortilla wraps and a fresh salad.
Per serving: 274 calories, 32.1g Protein, 6g sugars, 13g fat (of which 1.8g saturates), 1.5g fibre, 1.6g salt
OXO Shake & Flavour is sponsoring the Cookery Theatre at Woman’s Weekly Live, find out more here.