This super-tasty dish makes a great dinner-party starter for four, or a light meal for two. It’s quick and easy to put together, and looks really impressive on the plate
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 4 figs
- 60-90g (2-3oz) Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 slices Parma ham
- Small bag rocket salad
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 level tbsp clear honey
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Cut a cross in the top of each fig and fill with the crumbled Gorgonzola. Cut the slices of Parma ham in half lengthways and wrap one piece around each fig. Put the figs on a small baking sheet and place them in the centre of the oven. Cook for 5-10 mins, until the cheese starts to melt.
- Meanwhile, to make the dressing: Whisk all the ingredients together. Divide the salad leaves between either 2 or 4 plates and put either 1 or 2 figs on the plates. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, plus a little over the figs, if you like. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve straight away.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.