The ultimate comfort food to end a meal – this buttery sweet pastry tart filled with sliced juicy peaches and custard is best served hot from the oven!
Prep time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 1 hr
Skill level: Bit of effort
- 1⁄2 x 375g packet sweet pastry
- 415g can peach slices, drained
- 150ml carton double cream
- 1 medium egg
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- 1 level tbsp caster sugar
You will also need:
- 24cm (91⁄2in) round enamel pie plate
- Set the oven to 220°C/450°F/Gas Mark 7 and place a baking sheet in the oven to heat up.
- Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface and use to line the pie plate. Prick the pastry with a fork. Press the prongs of the fork around the edge of the pastry to pattern it. Chill the pastry for 10-15 mins.
- Arrange the peach slices on the pastry. Lightly whisk together the cream, egg, cornflour and sugar to make a custard and pour over the peach slices.
- Place the pie plate on the hot baking sheet in the oven, and immediately reduce the oven temperature to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Bake the pie for 20- 30 mins, until the custard has just set.
- Remove the pie from the oven and serve hot or at room temperature.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.