You can’t beat a warming bowl of comfort food in these chilly winter months. Why not treat yourself to a hearty portion of pear, apple and raspberry crumble – serve warm or cold with custard or cream.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr
Total time: 1 hr 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 4 ripe pears
- 2 medium cooking apples
- 150g (5oz) frozen raspberries
For the crumble:
- 200g (7oz) plain flour
- 100g (3½oz) ground almonds
- 150g (5oz) butter
- 125g (4oz) demerara sugar
- Handful of flaked almonds
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 5 or 190°C.
- To make the crumble: Mix the flour and ground almonds in a bowl. Rub in the butter, then mix in all but 3 tbsp of the demerara sugar. Set aside.
- Peel, quarter and core the pears and apples. Thickly slice the apple and put all the fruit in a large ovenproof dish (preferably shallow) with the 3 tbsp of demerara sugar and 5 tablespoons water.
- Spoon the crumble mixture over the top and sprinkle with the flaked almonds. Bake on a baking sheet for 50-60 mins until the juices start to bubble up through the crumble. Serve warm or cold with custard or cream, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.