- 250g (8oz) self-raising flour
- 150g (5oz) butter
- 4 level tablespoons icing sugar
FOR THE FILLING:
- 6-8 ripe plums, halved and stoned
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 level tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
24cm (91/2in) round enamel pie plate
- Set the oven to 220°C or Gas Mark 7 and place a baking sheet in the oven to heat up.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and rub in the butter. Stir in the icing sugar, then work the mixture until it starts to clump togetehr. Tip two-thirds into the pie plate and press down well for hte pastry base.
- Arrange the plums, cut-side down, on the pastry base and sprinkle over the sugar, cornflour and 1 tablespoon water.
- Mix the flaked almonds with the remaining crumbly mixture and scatter over the top of the plums.
- Place the pie plate on the hot baking sheet in the oven. Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C or Gas Mark 4 and bake the crumble for 25-35 minutes, or until the topping is a light golden colour.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm with custard or créme friache.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.