This quick and easy recipe for pork ragu enchilades serves a whopping 8 people so is perfect if you’ve got guests coming over. Easily freezable, you can also make in batches for the week
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr 30 mins
Total time: 1 hr 45 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 1kg (2¼lb) minced pork
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes or 1 fresh chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, roughly crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 packs 8 soft flour tortillas
- 200ml tub of crème fraîche
- 200g (7oz) mature Cheddar and Red Leicester cheese, grated
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 8 tomatoes, chopped,
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped,
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- Heat a large frying pan, add half the mince in a thin layer and dry-fry for 5 mins until browned. Tip into a large bowl. Cook the rest of the mince. Add to the first batch.
- Heat the oil in the pan, add the onion and cook for 5 mins. Stir in the peppers, chilli, garlic, cumin and coriander seeds, and fry for 5 mins. Pour in the can of tomatoes and a can full of hot water and then crumble in the stock cube. Simmer, uncovered, for at least an hour, or longer, until the liquid is almost absorbed.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave (2 at a time for 15 seconds) to make them more flexible. Divide the hot pork mixture between them, roll them up, pack into 1 or 2 dishes. Spoon crème fraîche over, sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Put the dish under the grill, on medium, until sizzling and golden. Sprinkle with spring onion.
- Mix the salsa ingredients together and serve with the enchiladas.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.