Perk up afternoon tea with this dill and paprika prawn spread – great on Melba toast.
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 50g can anchovies, drained125g (4oz) butter
- 200g (7oz) cooked prawns, chopped (defrosted if frozen)
- 1-2tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Pinch of paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sprigs of dill and lemon slices, to serve
- Melba toast, to serve
- 4 small dishes
- Reserve 4 anchovies and finely chop the rest.
- Gently melt the butter in a pan and stir in the prawns, chopped anchovies, dill and paprika. Season to taste then divide the mixture between 4 small dishes and spoon over any remaining butter.
- Cut the reserved anchovies into thin strips and lay them over the top of the prawns. Chill the dishes until the butter sets.
- Allow the prawns to come to room temperature and garnish with sprigs of dill and lemon slices before serving with Melba toast.
Nutritional information per portion
Per pot: 304 calories; 27g fat. Not suitable for freezing.Feature: Sue McMahon. Photos: www.frankthephotographer.com Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.