A Thai noodle soup that is spicy, tangy, sweet and delicious. Large prawns and pepper are added for sweetness.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 60g (2oz) Thai rice noodles
- 1 tbs Thai red curry paste
- 400ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 100g (3½oz) extra-large, cooked prawns
- 5 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- ½ red pepper, deseeded, and sliced into strips
- Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lime
- Dash of fish sauce
- Pinch of caster sugar
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Put noodles into a bowl and pour over boiling water to cover. Leave for 4 mins until they swell up and turn white.
- Meanwhile, put the Thai curry paste into a pan with the coconut milk. Heat gently, stirring.
- Add the prawns, spring onions, red pepper, lime zest and juice, fish sauce and sugar. Warm through for a couple of mins, then add the noodles and heat for a min. Serve sprinkled with coriander leaves.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.