Impress your dinner guests with some fancy-looking canapés which are actually incredibly easy to make
- 24 quail’s eggs (2 x 12-packs)
- 1 tsp each fennel seeds, cumin seeds and sea salt
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Boil quail’s eggs according to the directions on the pack, then cool them under running cold water and shell them straight away. Rinse shelled eggs in cold water, then drain, cover and chill.
- Mix all the seeds with the sea salt. Brown the mixture in a small frying pan for about a minute until aromas are released and the seeds start jumping, then add ½-1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Keep the seed mixture as it is, or grind it a little using a pestle and mortar. Serve the whole or halved eggs with the seed salt.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.