This Thai green dip makes a nice change from your usual hummus and creamy dips. A healthy blend of broad beans, peas, fresh herbs and spring onion, the mixture of soy sauce and Thai herbs brings plenty of flavour to the dish
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 8 mins
Total time: 18 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 100g fresh or frozen broad beans
- 100g fresh or frozen peas
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tbsp frozen Thai herb mix
- 1-2 tsp sesame oil
- Dash of Thai fish or soy sauce
- Good squeeze of lime juice, optional
- Handful of fresh coriander (or mint) leaves, optional
- Young carrots, radishes, cauliflower florets, and pepper strips
- Pitta bread, toasted
- Bring 200ml water to the boil in a pan. Add the beans, peas, spring onions and herbs, half cover with a lid and simmer for 5-8 mins, until tender. With a stick blender, purée the vegetables, herbs and liquid in the pan, adding the oil and fish or soy sauce, plus lime juice and coriander or mint, if using, to taste.
- Serve with the fresh veg and pitta bread, for dipping.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.