Tzatziki is a Greek dish made from cucumber, mint and Greek yogurt. So quick and simple to make – serve with toasted pitta bread or poppadoms for dipping
Prep time: 10 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- Half a cucumber
- 6-7 tbsp thick Greek yogurt
- 8 finely chopped mint leaves
- Pinch of ground cumin
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice and seasoning
- Coarsely grate the cucumber and put it in a sieve over a large bowl. Push out the juice, using a wooden spoon. Throw away the juice, put the cucumber in the bowl.
- Add Greek yogurt, mint leaves, cumin, lemon juice and seasoning, to taste.
- Serve with toasted pitta bread or poppadoms and fresh vegetables. Use on the day of making.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.