This tender rack of lamb dish with a redcurrant twist is perfect for roast lunches or dinner parties.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 – 30 mins
Total time: 35 -40 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 2 racks of lamb
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- Sprigs of rosemary
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 6tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100ml (3½ fl oz) red wine
- Set the oven to 220°C (gas mark 7).
- Make small slits in the skin on the racks of lamb and insert slices of garlic and small sprigs of rosemary. Rub olive oil over the surface of the lamb, then leave the meat to marinate for at least 3-4 hrs, or overnight.
- Warm the redcurrant jelly in a small saucepan until it’s runny, then brush a small amount over the lamb. Keep the rest in the pan.
- Place the racks of lamb, interlinking, in a small roasting tin. Cook in the centre of the oven for 15-20 mins, or until the lamb is starting to turn golden.
- Remove the roasting tin from the oven. Place the racks of lamb on a warmed serving plate, and leave them in a warm place for about 5 mins for the meat to rest before carving it.
- Re-melt the remaining redcurrant jelly in the pan with balsamic vinegar and seasoning. Bring it to a simmer, then add the red wine and simmer until you have a glossy sauce.
- Carve the lamb into cutlets. Serve with a little sauce spooned over, and carrots and new potatoes (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information per portion