Sometimes all you need to do with vegetables is roast them. This winter green cabbage is delicious when simply roasted as it has a slight crunch and is naturally sweet – serve alongside your Sunday lunch
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 1 small winter green cabbage, cut into 8 wedges, core trimmed
- 4-5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp caraway, or cumin, seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- Set the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7. Brush the cabbage wedges all over with oil. Put them on a baking tray. Sprinkle with the seeds and season well. Add the lemon wedges.
- Roast for about 25-30 mins, turning them over halfway through cooking. Squeeze lemon juice over before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.