Just 5 ingredients to a tasty supper dish of roast chicken legs with potato wedges
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr
Total time: 1 hr 10 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 2 medium potatoes, unpeeled, sliced into wedges
- 2 chicken legs, skin on
- Good handful of parsley sprigs
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- ¼ small Savoy cabbage, shredded
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 5 or 190°C. Put 1 tablespoon oil in a roasting tin in the oven to heat up. Put potato wedges in a pan, cover with water, bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, keeping the cooking water. Put potatoes back in the pan to dry off, then add to the roasting tin containing the hot oil.
- Rub a little oil all over the chicken legs and season well. Place them on a few sprigs of parsley in another roasting tin. Add the wedges of lemon.
- Roast the chicken and potatoes for 30 minutes, then turn the potatoes and lemon wedges over and roast for
- another 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop cabbage finely. Bring potato cooking water to boil and cook cabbage for 2 minutes. Drain well, cool under cold running water. Drain again. Add to roasting tin with chicken, stirring it in to soak up cooking juices and heat through for 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken on cabbage with the potato wedges. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.